BRSpecial.com

Sana Reno HotelJust a short drive from the international airport and some of the Algarve's famous beaches, Hotel Faro has 90 comfortable and beautifully designed guest rooms. Overlooking the marina and Ria Formosa Natural Park, providing easy access to the city's historical centre, the modern Hotel Faro is located in down town Faro.

BRSpecial.com
Travels Along the Edge:
40 Ultimate Adventures for the Modern Nomad
From Crossing the Sahara to Bicycling Through Vietnam
by David Noland

translate into these languages
Booking.com - Dechtice - Slovakia Dechtice - Slovakia
click any image below to view imageslideshow

At the foot of Malé Karpaty there is a village called Dechtice the history of which is connected with the Habans, jug-making, pottery and viniculture. If you intend to spend your leisure time discovering cultural monuments connected with a stay in the country, let the following lines inspire you.

Dechtice was for the first time mentioned in 1258, in a writing of the Hungarian king Bela IV. The All Saints Church (the upper church) is the most significant monument of the village dating from 1172, with unique wall paintings – a national cultural monument. It is a Romanesque rotunda even though from the outside it has a rectangular shape.

Parish Church of St. Catherine (lower church) from the 14th century, originally a gothic church, was rebuilt as a Baroque church in 1612. In front of the church there is a “little trinity“ coming from the Monastery and Church of St. Catherine. On the Dechtice square there is an artesian well and a sandstone statue of St. Florian – patron saint of firemen.

In 1870, count Móric Pálfi founded a fish farm that supplied roe to fish farms in whole Europe and, prior to the First World War, even to Japan. The premises of the fish farm are a significant technical monument.

On the right side of the road between Dechtice and Dobrá Voda, there used to be a paper-mill. Its more than a-hundred-year-existence made history not only of the village but also of the Slovak paper-mills. The main building was demolished with dynamite in 1987. A little bit further, on the left side by the bus stop there is a turn-off to the premises of a hunting mansion house Planinka built in 1774 by count Joseph Erdödy. A hunt organized here in 1808 was attended by Emperor Franz Joseph I. and his wife. At present, the building serves as a children´s summer camp.

In the village cadastre, in the forests of Malé Karpaty, there are ruins of the Church and Monastery of St. Catherine. In 1618, count Erdödy founded a Franciscan monastery at “Katarínka“. In 1786, Emperor Joseph II issued a decree dissolving the monastery. Nowadays one can still see well-preserved ruins of the church with a tower and the rests of one wing of the monastery building. - source: TINS

Hotels in Slovakia







SL Button 60
Secondlife is a Virtual World
Join for Free





© Dechtice - Slovakia. All Rights Reserved.  Created by the black rabbit